Alaska Cod Wrapped in Bacon
- Alaska Cod 50g
- Olive Oil 30g
- Bacon 4 pieces
- Potato 1 to 2 pieces
- Onion 1 piece, shredded
- Salt and Pepper
- In a skillet, heat olive oil, add shredded onion and cook until golden brown, add pepper and salt, set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes and make a puree.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut the Alaska Cod into cubes.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil, add Alaska Cod cubes and cook until golden brown, season with pepper and salt, and place the cubes onto the potato puree.
- Wrap the bacon around each Alaska Cod cube on potato puree, bake in the oven for around 15 minutes at 200°C or until fully cooked. Sprinkle the shredded onions on top.
Wild seafood is one of Alaska’s most precious resources and our state goes to great lengths to ensure its continued abundance. From fishermen and processors to scientists and law enforcement officials, sustainability is not only crucial to our livelihood, but a deeply-ingrained tradition. Together Alaska’s five sustainability pillars tell the story of the important work Alaska does to ensure that sustainable Alaska seafood lands on your plate.