Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomato
U.S. Eggs (Large)
Whole wheat bread
Salt & Pepper
Organic cherry tomatoes
Low sodium chicken broth
¼ tsp each
(cut halves) 150g
- Brush olive oil on bread, then toast it in a fry pan with low heat until both sides become crusty
- Rest them on a plate
- Heat the pan with medium heat
- Add some olive oil, diced garlics, shallots, salt and black pepper, and stir fry slowly until soft
- Add cherry tomatoes, basil and oregano, stir fry until a bit soft
- Add chicken broth, cook until the sauce becomes thicken, add baby spinach and mix gently
- Crack 3 eggs into the pan and cover with the lid
- Cook until transparent egg white turns solid white
- Sprinkle a little bit of smoked paprika and serve with the toasted bread.
Points to note:
- Stir fry cherry tomatoes can thicken the sauce with the cherry tomato seeds
- Paprika brings smoky taste to the eggs
- Research shows that eating an egg a day on average is not associated with cardiovascular disease risk overall. We can include up to one whole egg daily in our heart-healthy dietary patterns.
Egg production releases significantly less polluting emissions, including 71 percent lower greenhouse gas emissions than it did in 1960.