Caramelized U.S. Yellow Peach Cake
3 U.S. yellow peaches
1 U.S. orange (juice)
½ orange zest
10g baking powder
2 U.S. eggs
60g unsalted butter
200g cake flour
- Melt the butter in medium low heat in a fry pan. Set aside.
- Sift the baking flour and cake flour with a flour sifter. Set aside.
- Pour together eggs, honey, sugar and milk in a bowl. Add the sifted flour and melted butter. Add all the ingredients into the fry pan with medium low heat for 12 mins until it is golden brown. Turn around the cake slowly and cook another 5 – 10 mins until the cake is well done.
- Remove the pit of the donut peaches and slice into cubes. Pour the sugar into the fry pan and cook until it turns into golden brown. Add the flesh, squeezed orange juice and orange zest to the fry pan. Cook in medium low heat for three minutes until caramel sauce appears.
- Place the cake on the plate. Add the peaches and mint leaf on top. Bon appétit!