General Tso’s Chicken
U.S. chicken leg quarter
- Remove bones from the chicken leg quarters, cut into chunks, add the marinade, mix well, and rest for 10-15 minutes.
- After heating the pan, put vegetable oil and chicken chunks, stir fry quickly until the meat color turns white and take them out.
- Use the same pan with remaining oil to stir fry the dried chili, garlic, green onion and rice wine, then add soy sauce, tomato sauce, sugar, water and sesame oil, stir fry well with chicken meat. Put black vinegar and chopped green onion before serving.
Points to note:
- This Hunan famous dish was the favourite dish of General Zuo Zongtang of the Hunan Army in the late Qing Dynasty.
- The hot and sour crispy chicken chunks go very well with rice.
Over 95% of poultry litter is recycled and reused to fertilize crops.
Poultry litter is an extremely valuable resource in agriculture. Farmers collect and store poultry litter to be used as an organic fertilizer for crops. Plants feed the chickens and chickens fertilize the plants – it’s a closed, sustainable nutrient loop.