Hawaiian-Styled Roasted Chicken Drumsticks
6 U.S. chicken drumsticks
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup of lemon juice
1/2 cup of tomato sauce
3 tbsp of thick soy sauce
4 tbsp of sugar
2 tsp of black pepper
- Rinse and drain the drumsticks, and gently make a few cuts on surface.
- Mix the seasonings well with lemon zest, and marinate the drumsticks. Refrigerate overnight for best result.
- Preheat the oven at 170°C for 10 minutes, bake the drumsticks on a grill plate for about 25 minutes (turn the drumsticks over half-way)
- Take out the drumsticks and sprinkle with freshly grated lemon zest for extra aroma.
- Points to note:
- Make a few cuts on the drumsticks surface to give extra flavors when marinating
- After baking for halfway, take the drumsticks out and brush with a layer of sauce which can add up flavors of the sauce.
- Take out the grilled drumsticks, grate some lemon zest for refreshing lemon aroma and cleansing the palate, then put some mint leaves to increase the fragrance.
Did you know it takes 58% less water and 72% less farm land to produce the same amount of chicken than it did in 1965!