Stewed with Ginger
6 U.S. chicken drumsticks
1 tbsp lemon zest.
1 cup of lemon juice
1/2 cup of tomato sauce
3 tbsp of thick soy sauce
4 tbsp of sugar
2 tsp of black pepper.
- Rinse and drain the drumsticks, and gently make a few cuts on surface.
- Mix the seasonings well with lemon zest, and marinate the drumsticks. Refrigerate overnight for best result.
- Preheat the oven at 170°C for 10 minutes, bake the drumsticks on a grill plate for about 25 minutes (turn the drumsticks over half-way)
- Take out the drumsticks and sprinkle with freshly grated lemon zest for extra aroma.
- Points to note:
- Make a few cuts on drumstick surface to give extra flavors when marinating
- After baking for half way, take the drumsticks out and brush with a layer of sauce which can add up flavors of the sauce.
- Take out the grilled drumsticks, grate some lemon zest for refreshing lemon aroma and cleansing the palate, then put some mint leaves to increase the fragrance.
It takes 58% less water and 72% less farm land to produce the same amount of chicken than it did in 1965.