Walnut Cookie is a famous pastry in Guangdong
US Soft White Wheat and US Soft Red Winter Wheat can make very high-quality low gluten wheat flour for Walnut Cookie with high spread ratio, crispy texture and proper oil return property.
|Ingredients||Quantity (g)||Formula ratio|
|Low gluten wheat flour||250||100%|
- Mix and sift the low gluten wheat flour and baking powder, and set aside;
- Mix lard oil, butter, ammonium bicarbonate and baking soda until fluffy, then slowly add in eggs and mix well;
- Add sugar until 70% dissolved, then mix with flour and fold for three to four times (without forming gluten)
- Gently knead the dough into long strip and divide to 25g each, knead it round, then flatten it, put it into a greased baking pan, put 12 pieces in each baking pan;
- Brush a thin layer of egg wash on the surface and repeat twice once each layer dries. Press a small piece of walnut in the middle of surface. Put into oven and bake at 165 ℃ bottom heat and 175 ℃ upper heat for 15 minutes until golden.