Homemade Focaccia Sandwich with yogurt
625g U.S. all-purpose flour
2¼ tsp. active dry yeast
2 tsp. honey
½ U.S. organic yellow onion (Finely Minced)
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 pinch flaky sea salt
1 tbsp. spiced organic thyme
1 tbsp. spiced organic rosemary
2–4 garlic cloves
250g salami, pre-sliced tray
50g U.S. plain goat cheese
170g clover organic U.S. Monterey Jack sliced
30ml U.S. ranch salad dressing
20ml Newman’s Own Dressing Family Italian
900g U.S. yogurt
400g U.S. pickle garlic dills
100g U.S. organic arugula
1 tsp. U.S. spicely organic dill weed
1 tsp. U.S. spicely organic mustard seed brown
- Mix gently 600 ml warm water, active dry yeast and 2 tsp. honey with a spoon in a large bowl, until the yeast is dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Blend 625g U.S. all-purpose flour and 5 tsp. kosher salt with a spatula thoroughly until a dough forms and no dry streaks remain.
- Pour 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil into a large bowl and transfer the dough to the bowl of oil. Put it in the fridge for 8 hours up to 24hours.
- Take a small amount of butter and spread it evenly across the a 13×9″ baking pan. Pour 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil into the center of pan. Gather up edges of dough with the fork quickly and lift it up and over into center of bowl. Do this 2 more times and deflate dough while forming it into a rough ball.
- Transfer the dough to prepared pan. Coat the dough again with the olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 232°C and place the dough in the oven. Ensure there is enough space for the dough to expand while baking. Bake for at least 1 ½ hours-4hours. (To see if the dough is ready, poke the dough with your finger. It should spring back slowly, leaving a small visible indentation. If it springs back quickly, the dough is not yet ready.)
- Remove the dough from the oven. Lightly oil your hands. Use a rimmed baking sheet to gently stretch out the dough to fill.
- Dimple focaccia all over with your fingers, creating very deep depressions in the dough.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle the dough with flaky sea salt. Bake focaccia for 20-30 minutes until the surface become puffed and golden brown.
- Melt 4 tbsp. unsalted butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts. Remove from heat. Peel and grate in 2–4 garlic cloves with a grater.
- Slice the Focaccia into pieces. Store it in a freezer-safe container. Reheat it on a baking sheet in 150°C oven.
- Pour 30ml ranch dressing into yogurt, altogether with 1 tsp. spicely organic dill weed, spicely organic mustard seed brown, lemon zest and lemon juice. (Best night before)
- Assemble sandwich and focaccia, spread the yogurt on both sides. Finally, layer the cold cuts on top. Done!