Dark Chocolate and Salted Macadamia Cookie
200g U.S. All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2/3 cup butter
150g brown sugar
50g white sugar
1 U.S. egg
1 tsp. U.S. vanilla bean paste
1 vanilla bean
1/2 cup sea salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Heat the 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat until butter foams and gradually subside. As the butter begins to turn golden, swirl the pan gradually and add any additional butter. That can prevent the butter from burning. Put aside the butter to a liquid measuring cup.
- When the butter turns cooler, cream together softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat in the vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Turn on the heat for a couple minutes and turn it off. Place the nuts on the pan and let the residual heat the toast. Mix the chocolate with the nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Cover it up with plastic wrap and rest it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and turn the heat to 190°C. Place the baking sheets in the preheated oven and bake the for about 10-12miuntes until the edges are golden brown and firm on the edges. After 10-12 minutes, rotate the racks if the cookies are not cooked evenly.
- Put aside and keep in an air tight container, and cover the cookies with wax paper.