Seared U.S. Scallops, U.S. Organic Peach, Cauliflower & Grape
6-12 U.S. scallop meat
6-12 U.S. organic yellow peach
200g U.S. organic cauliflower
6-12 U.S. organic red grapes (Seedless)
1 U.S. organic jalapeno chili pepper
1 can U.S. organic coriander
1 tsp. U.S. organic lemon
5 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. spiced organic peppercorn
1 tsp. spiced organic thyme
1 tbsp. sugar
- Start by patting the scallops dry with paper towels. Ensure the scallops are as dry as possible.
- Peel the peach and toss it in with 1 tbsp. sugar, lemon juice and red grapes.
- Next, toss the cauliflower with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast it in oven in 160°C for 2-5 minutes. Reserve aside.
- Add the sliced white onion on the stove and heat it with olive oil for 3-5minutes.
- Slice the jalapeno chili pepper jalapeno. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet or thick frying pan on medium heat. Add oil, butter and thyme. Stir occasionally to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Carefully place the scallops on the frying pan and sear it until they develop golden brown crust. Flip and cook the other side. Cook for about 10-20 seconds for one side. Remove the scallops from heat and let it rest for 5minutes.
- Transfer the scallops to the plate with peach, cauliflower, grapes & slice of jalapeno. Finally, garnish the scallops with the coriander leaf. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.