Maine Lobster with Whole Wheat Pasta
and X.O. sauce
200g Harbor Maine Cooked Lobster Meat
1 U.S. organic lemon
½ U.S. organic yellow onion (finely minced)
4 clove garlic (minced)
400g U.S. organic diced tomato
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. Spiced organic rosemary whole
1 tsp. Spiced organic thyme
1 tbsp. Tabasco green pepper sauce
10g Basil (whole leaves)
4 tbsp. Dai Ban Zheng X.O. sauce
50 ml. Heavy cream
- Defrost lobster meat. Place them in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to cooking.
- Place a strainer over a bowl and drain the lobster meat. Reserve the liquid for the sauce.
- Start a pot of boiling water with some salt for pasta.
- Put olive oil and white onion on the stove and heat with medium temperature for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir the onions frequently to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Add X.O. sauce, garlic, thyme, rosemary, a pinch of salt to the pan and stir for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Add organic diced tomato and reserved lobster water to the skillet, and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat. Stir all the ingredients occasionally. Finish with lemon Zest.
- Boil the pasta for 5 minutes and drain it with a colander. Wait for a minute and combine the pasta with sauce, cream and lobster meat.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Garnish with basil leaf. Done!