Mac and cheese
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk (1%, low fat)
2 cups cheddar cheese, low-fat shredded
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups broccoli (cooked and chopped)
1. Cook macaroni, following the instructions on the package.
2. Drain the cooked macaroni and return to the pan.
3. While the macaroni is still warm, sprinkle in the flour and stir thoroughly.
4. Over medium heat, slowly stir the milk into the macaroni.
5. Add the cheese and pepper.
6. Stir over medium heat until the milk and cheese thicken into a creamy sauce, approximately 7-10 minutes.
7. Stir in the broccoli; heat thoroughly.Taste; add a small amount of salt, if needed.
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis.
Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.