Cherry Jam Crumble Bars
- Butter | 220 g
- Sugar | 120 g
- Salt | ½ tsp
- All-purpose flour (sifted) | 330 g
- Baking powder | ½ tsp
- Baking soda | ½ tsp
- Tart cherry jam | 400 g
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric egg beater until they become light and fluffy. It takes about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, flour, baking soda and baking powder in. Use your finger tips to rub the butter and the dry ingredients together until they become a sand-like texture.
- In a 20cm x 25 cm rim tray, line a piece of parchment paper in. Place 3/4 of the dough mixture and press firmly to make an even layer of dough in the tray.
- Spread the tart cherry jam over the bottom layer.
- Take the remaining dough and crumble it on top of the jam.
- Put the tray into the oven for 45 minutes or until the crumble on top is nicely golden brown in color.
- Leave to cool in the tray completely before cutting. Divide it into your preferred size.