Fried Chicken in Honey Lemon Sauce
RECIPE ACCREDITATION: By Bigboyrecipe
FRIED CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
2 chicken steaks
100 g tapioca starch
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 teaspoons ground pepper
2 teaspoons Shao Xing rice wine
2 teaspoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon tapioca starch
HONEY LEMON SAUCE INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 Sunkist® lemons, juiced and zested
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
100 ml warm water
1 teaspoon custard powder
1 tablespoon hot water
- Thaw the chicken steaks. Then even out the thickness of the steak by cutting the thick part. Thinner chicken steaks can better absorb the marinade and reduce cooking time.
- Add chicken steaks to the marinade and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Zest and juice Sunkist® lemons. Set aside.
- Add eggs to chicken steaks and mix well. Dredge the chicken steaks in tapioca starch until both sides are fully covered.
- Preheat the skillet with cooking oil. Pan-fry the chicken steaks over medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes each side until golden brown.
- In a pan, add lemon juice, granulated sugar, salt and warm water, and bring to a boil.
- Add custard powder and water, and stir well. Cook until sauce is thickened, then remove from heat.
- Slice the chicken steaks and top with honey lemon sauce.