Navel Orange Salted Egg Yolk Chicken
RECIPE ACCREDITATION: By Chef May Chow
Flour Mix for Chicken –
50g corn starch
1 teaspoon salt
Orange Honey –
3 teaspoons honey
1 drizzle vinegar
3 teaspoons freshly squeezed Sunkist® Navel orange Juice
1 Sunkist® Navel orange, zested
1 pinch salt
Navel Orange Salted Egg Yolk Chicken –
6 chicken steaks (around 135g)
25g salted egg yolk, cooked and grated
1 tablespoon oil
2/3 tablespoon orange honey
1 teaspoon Sunkist® Navel orange zest
6 Sunkist® Navel orange slices, supremed, to garnish
5g green Spring Onion, to garnish
- Prepare salted egg yolk – separate the salted egg whites from the yolks and steam the egg yolks over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Once the yolks are cooked, cool down and grate with a grater.
- Cut the chicken steak into bite-sized pieces evenly.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture until well covered.
- Deep fry the chicken at 190°c for 2 minutes, remove from oil and rest for 2 minutes, then fry again for 2 minutes.
- Prepare orange honey – mix all the ingredients over medium heat for 8-10 minutes until liquid is reduced to approximately 1/3.
- In a pan, heat oil until bubbly hot, add grated salted egg yolk until completely foaming.
- Turn off heat, add orange honey, chicken and toss in the pan until well coated.
- Plate the chicken, add supreme orange slices and green spring onion as garnish.
- Zest orange peel on top.