Cara Cara Orange Braised Chicken
RECIPE ACCREDITATION: By Korean influencer @sssoonma
Chicken, chopped into suitable sizes
1/2 Sunkist® Cara Cara orange
200g cellophane noodles, soaked in water
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 cups water
1 tablespoon soju
6 tablespoons grain syrup (jocheong)
2 tablespoons allulose
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 pinch of ginger powder
- Soak the noodles in lukewarm water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse chopped chicken under running water. Place the chicken pieces in a deep pan and pour water until the pieces are fully submerged. Add 1 tablespoon of soju and bring to a boil.
- To make the sauce, pour 1/2 cup of soy sauce in a small bowl and stir in allulose, grain syrup, pepper and ginger powder.
- Pour the sauce and 4 cups of water into the pan and boil on high heat. When it reaches boiling point, change to medium heat. Place the lid on the pan and boil for another 20 minutes.
- Add the noodles, minced garlic, Cara Cara orange slices (with the peel on). When it boils again, cover with lid and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables or side dishes to suit your taste.