Navel Orange Preserves
RECIPE ACCREDITATION: By Korean influencer @sssoonma
3 Sunkist® Navel Oranges
Sugar or unrefined sugar (approx. half the weight of oranges)
Food dehydrator or air fryer
- Scrub the oranges with baking soda and water. Soak the oranges in vinegar water for about 10 minutes and rinse again under running water.
- Cut the top and bottom of the orange and slice it into 5mm wheel shapes. Place the slices in a large bowl.
- Pour sugar in the bowl and mix. Leave it to rest for half a day (at least 3 hours).
- Put everything into a pot and boil on low heat.
- After the orange turns to a bright color, boil down for another 20 minutes.
- Smear sugar onto the orange slices and put them in a food dehydrator or air fryer. (If you don’t have either, just place them on a tray to dry.)
- Cook for 5-6 hours at 60 degrees. Turn over occasionally and check the condition.
- Serve with vegetables or side menus to your taste.